And Nate Shenk, Behind My Stunnas, and Dogdaz did, too!
Though, if you ask Behind My Stunnas, she’ll say she pimped me.
And, if that’s not enough, Lisa W. Rosenberg and Genesis Meranda each gave me a Sunshine Award, and Lisa, Eloise and Behind My Stunnas also gave me The Versatile Blogger Award (That makes six, so I must be very versatile, indeed!). Plus, not to be outdone, Renee gave me the Lovely Blog Award, while Lisa also gave me the Beautiful Blogger Award! Yikes! So many awards for little, old moi?? Why, I declare! I do believe I’m blushing.
Someone, puh-lease get me my smelling salts!
All these accolades have come in recent months, and I’m embarrassed to say, I’ve been remiss in showing my gratitude. Until now, that is.
So thank you, thank you. From the bottom of my heart, I thank my fellow bloggers who have bestowed on me such fine awards. You’ve made me feel pretty, pretty special.
But, before I get too full of myself, I must now answer some questions put forth by these crazy kids who saw fit to tag me. And, frankly, as there are altogether too many questions, I’m only going to answer a few.
- Pop-Tarts: frosted or unfrosted? Definitely frosted and only the kind of the strawberry persuasion. Love the sprinkles, too.
Do you think I’m pretty? You can use this picture as a reference. No, that’s not me asking this question. This was put forth by Thoughtsy of Thoughts Appear. And I think Thoughtsy is, indeed, very pretty, with a quirky sense of humor, a love of sweets, and a healthy obsession with zombies.
- What’s your favorite quote? That’s easy. “Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to deceive.” Sir Walter Scott said it—not Shakespeare, as some think—and, if I didn’t know any better, I’d say he was thinking of me when he wrote it.
- What are you proud of?
I am proud of the fact that, no matter what mayhem is thrown my way, I’m the kind of gal that likes to look on the bright side. So, move over, Pollyanna, two can play at this game!
- What country (other than America) would you like to live in? Forget country! I’m picking a continent: Europe. After all, why just settle for one nation?
What TV show do you watch that you’re embarrassed to admit to? None. I’m not ashamed of any of the shows I watch, whether it be Ringer, Parks and Recreation, The Daily Show, General Hospital (now that my own soap has been unceremoniously cancelled)r Masterpiece. As long as they’re not reality shows (which I absolutely detest), then they’re all worthwhile.
- What ambition do you still have?
To write, write, write. To write until I’m blue in the face or hell freezes over, whichever comes first. Oh, and to get published. Wouldn’t it be nice if my book made it on the New York Times‘ Bestseller List? Dream on, I say!
- Do you believe that the government should legalize marijuana? (heh-heh you don’t have to answer, I just wanted to mix things up a bit). Yes, Nate. This is a no-brainer. It’s silly not to, akin to Prohibition. People are going to use it anyway so might as well legalize it and tax it heavily (like we do cigarettes), so we can pump much-needed dollars into states that are currently struggling—like California. If we did this, we could get rid of the national debt in a heartbeat!
- Who would you like to meet who is still living? Colin Firth. He’s a man for all seasons: A great (handsome) actor who’s British (and that’s always a plus!). He’s also charitable, an advocate for the environment, a loving husband and has just about every other quality that is good in this world. And, if given a chance to meet him, I’m bringing along Meditating Mummy, who shares my devotion.
And, while I’m at it, I’d also like to meet all my fellow bloggers and readers, who regularly comment, and say nice things about my insipid writings, and who have amazing blogs that I thoroughly enjoy reading. I’d throw them a party, and serve Mango Margaritas, and we’d laugh and banter into the wee hours of the morn. And, as the sun begins to rise, I’d sing a song about drunken sailors, and we’d all dance a round of the insidious, mind-boggling classic, the Macarena. We’d culminate with a game of miniature golf. It promises to be a blast! So, who’s in?
So, now I’m passing these awards on to the following folks who all have wonderful blogs, so be sure to check them out! Finally, not to be outdone, Henry, too, has picked a few of his faves. So here’s our list:
Now, that you’ve all been tagged, know this. There are rules. I’m supposed to give you questions to answer and then you’re supposed to tag and/or award to others. But, I say–and Henry agrees–make your own rules! Or not.
And, most of all, take pleasure in knowing you’ve been honored by a jury of your peers (if Henry and I count as peers). Enjoy the accolades. You deserve them!