Last night, Henry and Oliver insisted on going on a road trip, and no matter how many times I told them I’m exhausted from having worked all day, they kept harping on the fact that we seem to go nowhere fast.
“You never take us anywhere,” whined Oliver, the Maltipoo.
“I’ve never been to London,” added Henry, my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, with a smirk.
“I’m too pooped to pop,” I dryly replied.
And so the two retreated to their favorite spot in the car to sulk, making me feel like an unwanted flea stuck in a bee hive, when suddenly Henry shouted,
“Perhaps I know something we can all agree on! Let’s do the ‘Walk for Animals’–again, shall we?”
The Walk for Animals is one of the San Diego Humane Society’s biggest fundraisers, helping to ensure that every homeless animal in their care finds a forever home. The last time we participated was three years ago and we raised more than $250, thanks to my generous readers.
“That’s a great idea,” I responded. “Let’s do it!”
And so, dear readers, on Saturday, May 7th, that’s where you’ll find us once again. Walking for the animals that need a home. Indeed, this year, the San Diego Humane Society will save the lives of more than 30,000 animals.
- More than 15,000 homeless animals will find new homes
- Its foster program will provide a second chance to 2,000 sick, injured, or underage animals
- 16,000 animals will be examined in their veterinary medical centers
- Humane Law Enforcement officers will respond to nearly 10,000 calls of animals in need
- Project Wildlife will care for nearly 12,000 injured or orphaned wildlife
- Their surgeons will perform more than 6,000 reduced cost spay/neuter operations on community-owned animals
- Their 24-hour-kitten nursery will serve as a safe haven to nearly 1,800 newborn, orphaned kittens
This year, we’ll be walking with our friends, Hayley and Marley, too. Which means lots of fun for a very good cause. Which is why we’re hoping beyond hope that you’ll find it in your heart to help by contributing to our walk. And if you give at least $15 or more to help us reach our goal, yours truly will enter you for a chance to win a $15 gift card to Amazon, my favorite online place to shop!
So please consider making a tax-deductible gift to sponsor our participation in the Walk for Animals, San Diego. Whatever you can give will be most helpful. Every dollar makes a difference!
On behalf of the Hayley and our dogs, thank you for helping us help animals in need of a loving home. It is because of you, that so many can be helped. Please take a moment to check out the video below and you’ll see what I mean.