I’ve won the Kreativ Blogger Award!
I just knew She Writes would propel me to stardom! (Read my recent post, titled, She Writes!) I haven’t been a member for long, but I’ve already gained oodles of fellow writer friends and have helped to plan a Meetup with other local She Writes members. We’re getting together for lunch soon. Can’t wait!
And now my blog is the proud recipient of the Kreativ Blogger award! If you ask me, this is the equivalent of winning the Pulitzer Prize or the Publisher’s Clearinghouse. So, I’m taking a bow and shouting from the rafters with joy. Yipee! Applause, applause!
So whom do I have to thank for all this wonderful, amazing and practically overnight sudden fame? One of my new blogger friends, that’s who! And happily, we met thanks to She Writes. Isabelle Gregson is her name and she says she bestowed the award on me because I “make her laugh.” Imagine that!
Her blog, As the Actress said to the Bishop, offers an inside look into the world of an actress living in London who’s pounding the pavement in search of her breakthrough role. (I’m rooting for you, Isabelle!) Be sure to check it out!
There are two rules to accepting the Kreativ Blogger Award.
Rule #1: Pass it on to 10 other bloggers. No problemo! Congratulations to the following bloggers, whose writings I enjoy. Trust me, these folks are among the best.
- Aging and Other Inconveniences – A funny angle on getting old from a Texas gal who was raised on a ranch, and once called a “Hoer” while on a date. If you want to know about aging gracefully, you won’t find it here.
- Genesis Meranda – Charming, random and very consumer savvy. Grab a bag of Doritos or a slice of Sara Lee and enjoy.
- The Good Greatsby – This one’s owned and operated by a guy named Paul, and one of these days he’s going to be invited to host Saturday Night Live. He’s that funny, with a super skewed take on all kinds of stuff.
- Herding Cats in Hammond River – A charming slice-of-life blog with a small-town Lake Wobegon feel. You’ll chuckle; you’ll feel comforted, too.
- Ironic Mom – You just gotta love anyone whose motto is, “If you can’t laugh at yourself, laugh at your kids.” And her six-year-old twins give her lots to amuse her—and us.
- Leah’s Thoughts – Leah’s my longtime friend who writes about being a young mom, her faith, cooking delicious meals and all the books she’s read (don’t know where she finds the time).
- The Life and Times of a Self-Proclaimed Saucy Bitch – Think chick lit. Think Jersey Housewives. Now toss those out the window and meet one sassy, Saucy Bitch with a lot on her mind and she’s not afraid to let you know. You’ll enjoy! You’ll want to dish with her, too. Enough said.
- Me 2.0 – The author of this blog, Mikalee, feels like an old friend, but we’ve only met in this virtual world. Yet, we’re struck by the similarities in our lives. Read about her travails as she machetes her way through the jungle that is divorce. Been there, done that.
- Sunshine in London – A rather clever, South African woman with a fresh, sunny perspective on life in Merry Ol’ England. I keep hoping she’ll add me to her blogroll—maybe dreams do come true?
- Writer’s Block – I have a special fondness for this blogger. Cappy, or Caps as I like to call her. She’s young and smart-alecky wise beyond her years. The girl has moxie! And so what if she duped me with her April Fools prank? I like her style!
Rule #2: Share 10 things you don’t know about me. Ok, here goes–no, wait! On second thought, I think I’ll save these tasty tidbits for my next post. Stay tuned!
- Kreativ Blogger Award (theremustbesomemistake.com)