I’ve won the Kreativ Blogger Award!
I just knew She Writes would propel me to stardom! (Read my recent post, titled, She Writes!) I haven’t been a member for long, but I’ve already gained oodles of fellow writer friends and have helped to plan a Meetup with other local She Writes members. We’re getting together for lunch soon. Can’t wait!
And now my blog is the proud recipient of the Kreativ Blogger award! If you ask me, this is the equivalent of winning the Pulitzer Prize or the Publisher’s Clearinghouse. So, I’m taking a bow and shouting from the rafters with joy. Yipee! Applause, applause!
So whom do I have to thank for all this wonderful, amazing and practically overnight sudden fame? One of my new blogger friends, that’s who! And happily, we met thanks to She Writes. Isabelle Gregson is her name and she says she bestowed the award on me because I “make her laugh.” Imagine that!
Her blog, As the Actress said to the Bishop, offers an inside look into the world of an actress living in London who’s pounding the pavement in search of her breakthrough role. (I’m rooting for you, Isabelle!) Be sure to check it out!
There are two rules to accepting the Kreativ Blogger Award.
Rule #1: Pass it on to 10 other bloggers. No problemo! Congratulations to the following bloggers, whose writings I enjoy. Trust me, these folks are among the best.
- Aging and Other Inconveniences – A funny angle on getting old from a Texas gal who was raised on a ranch, and once called a “Hoer” while on a date. If you want to know about aging gracefully, you won’t find it here.
- Genesis Meranda – Charming, random and very consumer savvy. Grab a bag of Doritos or a slice of Sara Lee and enjoy.
- The Good Greatsby – This one’s owned and operated by a guy named Paul, and one of these days he’s going to be invited to host Saturday Night Live. He’s that funny, with a super skewed take on all kinds of stuff.
- Herding Cats in Hammond River – A charming slice-of-life blog with a small-town Lake Wobegon feel. You’ll chuckle; you’ll feel comforted, too.
- Ironic Mom – You just gotta love anyone whose motto is, “If you can’t laugh at yourself, laugh at your kids.” And her six-year-old twins give her lots to amuse her—and us.
- Leah’s Thoughts – Leah’s my longtime friend who writes about being a young mom, her faith, cooking delicious meals and all the books she’s read (don’t know where she finds the time).
- The Life and Times of a Self-Proclaimed Saucy Bitch – Think chick lit. Think Jersey Housewives. Now toss those out the window and meet one sassy, Saucy Bitch with a lot on her mind and she’s not afraid to let you know. You’ll enjoy! You’ll want to dish with her, too. Enough said.
- Me 2.0 – The author of this blog, Mikalee, feels like an old friend, but we’ve only met in this virtual world. Yet, we’re struck by the similarities in our lives. Read about her travails as she machetes her way through the jungle that is divorce. Been there, done that.
- Sunshine in London – A rather clever, South African woman with a fresh, sunny perspective on life in Merry Ol’ England. I keep hoping she’ll add me to her blogroll—maybe dreams do come true?
- Writer’s Block – I have a special fondness for this blogger. Cappy, or Caps as I like to call her. She’s young and smart-alecky wise beyond her years. The girl has moxie! And so what if she duped me with her April Fools prank? I like her style!
Rule #2: Share 10 things you don’t know about me. Ok, here goes–no, wait! On second thought, I think I’ll save these tasty tidbits for my next post. Stay tuned!
- Kreativ Blogger Award (theremustbesomemistake.com)
“the Kreativ Blogger award!” Fabulous!
I love your blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxx
Thank you! I’m still glowing in the excitement of being honored with this very prestigious award! Glad you stopped by!
Congratulations on your honor! How exciting! And coming from London — what a coup. And thanks for award and link over to my site. I feel honored. Thank you!
And congratulations to you, too. Can’t wait to see who you award this honor to!
A belated thanks for this award, Monica! I am honoured that you chose me…this is a new one! I may sit on it for a while while I think of new people to pick on…
In the meantime, I will check out your nominees (I already know some of them!)…
I really enjoy your blog so I’m glad to recognize it as one of the best there is. Take your time and I’m sure that when you finally do post your list of blogs to honor, it’ll be a great list, worth exploring. 🙂
This is great Monica. I can’t think of anyone more deserving. And it’s great to have some new blogs to check out. Wish I could attend the SD She Writes meet up, but keep me on the invite list for next time around!
Thanks, Susan. It was quite a thrill when I first learned that I’d received the award, and now I’m just basking in my moment in the sun! 🙂
Of course, my long-lost soulblogmate, I’m more than honored to be included in your list, …thank you!
But there are a few huge, unintended, uber-cool side benefits to the honor: #1 You’ve given me a huge list of great blogs to check out — awesome!; #2 I may have to get off my butt and actually write a post or two soon. It seems the court case over my blog has sucked the desire to blog right out of me … so thank you for the inspiration, my dear!; #3 I can’t WAIT to see how many of your “10 things I don’t know about you” also pertain to ME!
You’re the best, Monica…many thanks indeed!
I was afraid the court case was hanging over your head like a dark cloud, so I’m glad to be kick start you into getting back on the saddle. Your legions of fans (including me) have been missing you!! This is where you belong, after all and I, for one, can’t wait to read your next post!
Congrats on your award. I hope to win my own blog award in next year. Found you via the Lady Bloggers Society Tea Party and I plan to visit often!
Hi Joyce! Thanks for stopping by from LBS. Glad you found me! I look forward to checking out your blog, too. 🙂
Monica! Number 1: Congratulations! I LOVE reading your posts. And thanks for introducing me to all these awesome new blogs! These guys are legit! Number 2: THANK YOU! =) I feel so cool knowing that you enjoy my food posts. =) haha
I was thrilled to pieces when I won this award so I’m happy to pass ithe honor on to blogs I truly enjoy. Like yours! Congrats. First freshly pressed. Now this. What’s next?
Aw thanks Monica 🙂 you’re fab. I shall treasure this and write an awesome post about it! Ha
Caps, I meant every word. Can’t wait to read your post about this fabuloso honor. It goes without saying, but I’ll say it anyway: Well deserved, kiddo. Now, go get’m!
Thanks, Monica, for the honours. I better enjoy the award before my kids scrawl some picture of a hairless bunny on it.
And, thankfully, I can still be friends with Paul (above) since I got one. What a relief!
That’s one of the perks of winning the award. You get to stay friends with Paul. Maybe he’ll get us tickets to SNL when he finally hosts it! 🙂
Thanks for selecting me, Monica. I’m glad you were also a recipient of this award because that means we can still be blogging friends. I’m going to cut off everyone else who isn’t a major award-winning success like we are.
Yes, we’ll have to form our own exclusive club where we can greedily rest on our laurels.
Congratulations Monica-I will check out these blogs-I am always in search of blogs of interest and for sharing life stories and thoughts. I did join “She Writes”-I have to work a time in for getting active-as it looks very interesting and promising.
Yeah, it’s worth checking out, and definitely check out these other blogs. You’ll find quite a few you’ll like.
Congrats on the Kreativ blogger award! 🙂 This seems like an interesting blog. I’ll be checking out some of your other posts. The other blogs you’ve listed all seem interesting, too. I’ve been to Saucy B’s site a couple of times, and I must say she’s funny as hell! Going to check out the rest.
I’m dropping by from Lady Bloggers. 🙂
So glad you stopped by from Lady B’s. Which is a great resource for us bloggers, if you ask me. I look forward to checking yours out, too! 😉
Thanks for this, Monica – much appreciated! I look forward to checking out the other blogs too. You’re now officially on my blogroll – I didn’t realise you weren’t there!
Well deserved, my dear. Well deserved. And thank you for adding me to your blog roll! I’m pleased as punch. I’m making sure that my 10 bloggers here are all on mine, too.
Congrats, Monica! And thanks for introducing me to these blogs. Wow – there are some seriously funny, talented bloggers out there!
No kidding! And I’m always up for a good laugh!
Hi Monica! Thanks for the sweet mention and that list of bloggers sounds fantastic. I’m on my way to check them out now! xxx
It is I who should be thanking you! I so appreciate the honor and promise to live up to the expectations of this most prestigious award. 🙂