And so it begins. My blog. My words of mature wisdom, drawn from a baby-boomer state of mind. My keen eye, astute observations and ever so clever opinions, colored by my life’s experiences. My words, to mold and bend as I choose! A chance to carve out a niche. To make my mark. Ah wilderness. Here’s to the unknown, to treading new ground and forging new territory. Here’s to finally growing up. Confession: Though I love writing, whether it’s typing away at the keyboard or putting ink to paper, I am at this moment clueless as to where this blog will take me—and you, for that matter. It is a journey, my next step toward that goal we all are working toward—growing up.
Of course, if anyone has suggestions on what I should blog about, please let me know. In the meantime, in future blogs, you’ll probably find me talking about what I know best, such as:
- Divorce—or in my case, juggling divorce, death and job hunting—and the easiest way to lose 30 pounds!
- Life after divorce—it’s crazy, wicked, and not always for the faint of heart
- Life after kids have flown the coop/ditched the nest or, plainly speaking, deserted me, their loving mother
- Growing old—the knees are the first to go, if you ask me
- The new man in my life—my dog, Henry
- Art, and finding moments of pleasure in the beauty of life
- Shopping online (and occasionally in person)
- Plus everything else I’ve left out!
So the sky’s the limit and no matter where this blog ends up, thank you in advance for coming along for the ride. Bette Davis once said in the tearjerker film classic, Now, Voyager, “Let’s not ask for the moon. We have the stars.” Doesn’t quite make sense to me as I’d ask for both, but Bette was one classy lady. A woman with backbone. And that’s what I’m going to be when I grow up.
Monica – With your wicked swnse of humor, I always knew you had wonderful insight. Looking forward to reading & sharing. Is this a reality show?
Yes, indeed. Welcome to my reality. It’s a never-ending show!
Congratulations, Monica! You provide a refreshing voice (and great pic, by the way). I look forward to reading more.